I never cease to amaze myself when I go through old boxes of keepsakes. I have come across everything from my certificate into a couple honor societies in college, to a photograph of a haircut I once wanted, to a stuffed penguin my father gave me...all in the same box. There are business cards of friends who no longer work for said company, wedding announcements of couples who are divorced, and concert tickets of bands who no longer tour together. When I haphazardly threw these items in the box, I never once thought it would become a time capsule of things come and gone, but it seems it has. When I fill this little box again, after having thrown away those items deemed no longer important to keep, I wonder what will have come and gone by the time I go through it the next time. Will it be another wedding announcement, a joke written on letter from a dear friend I no longer understand, or a program from a play I was in? What will make the cut next time?
Here are some of my favorite finds:

This is a Spirit Gram we used to send out at homecoming in college. It appears that this is from my little sister Megan, though I cannot read what it says! It must have been a rainy homecoming..

This is a page from a 2004 agenda. I guess it was a Far Side Comics theme, and it cracks me up every time I see it! (Which is probably why I cannot make myself throw it away...) The truck says "I cuss, you cuss, we all cuss for asparagus!" and below the caption reads "Failed marketing ploy." haha gets me every damn time!

This is a postcard given to me on my college graduation from Chase. The card reads: Congrats James! See things could have been much worse! You even have a job...! Now you won't be a drag queen walking aimlessly down a railroad..." Yes, the picture is indeed of a drag queen walking down the tracks! Leave it to my friend Chase to make me look on the bright side of things :)
No comments:
Post a Comment