Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Revelations

Today is Easter, and that damn fluffy cotton tail forget about me! haha. It's really interesting that I am at the point where these childhood things are passed on to the younger generation. My cousin Dean, at age 15, passed away a week ago and his service was yesterday. Every Easter, he would put on the Easter Bunny costume for the little kids. My mom was telling me this, and added how it is now my generation doing these traditions for the younger generation. Crazy. When exactly did I become a grown-up?

This Easter, may be more so than usual, I am reminded of the blessings I have. It might be unusual to say such a thing when I have recently lost a family member, but it always seems to me that the glorious part of death is that it lays your blessings in front of you in the harshest light. I am grateful to have a loving and supportive family, a generation to pass traditions down to, generous and kind friends, a loving boyfriend, and a savior who has brought those people and graces in my life.
Amy just sent me an e-mail a few minutes ago, telling a story of how her church witnessed a miracle today. There was a car accident in front of her church where a SUV flipped numerous times and managed to land upright. A little girl, 1-2 years old, was thrown from the car and stood straight up, with no visible scratches.
One never knows why a little girl can land on her feet, and a teenage boy cannot, but hopefully they equally remind us to be grateful for the blessings we have.

R.I.P Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment